Naturally energize your body with a delicious and healthy chia seed protein bar! In this recipe you will indulge in a chewy granola-like texture while tasting just a hint of sweetness to cure your morning or afternoon cravings.
So jumpstart your day or uplift your afternoons with this protein bar. This recipe includes 11 all-natural ingredients and only 15-minutes of baking time, setting up your week with a few quick breakfast options or on-the-go snacks to bake.
- 2 Tbsp. organic raw honey
- ¼ cup organic brown rice syrup
- ½ cup raw almond butter
- ½ cup dry quinoa (any color quinoa will work)
- ½ cup Medicinal Foods Organic Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- ¼ tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup raw almonds; coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine quinoa, chia seeds, flax seeds, rolled oats, cinnamon, salt, cardamom and chopped raw almonds. Stir to combine.
- In a small pot combine raw almond butter, organic brown rice syrup and raw honey. Stir to mix, then heat for 1 minute to soften.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula to thoroughly mix. Wet ingredients may begin to firm up, in which case you will need to use clean hands to knead the mixture together.
- When finished, transfer your mixture to a parchment lined baking dish (similar to 8 x 8 glass Pyrex dish), and pat down mixture with a spatula to make a single, even layer.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 15 minutes.
- When finished, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, remove bars from the pan by lifting up the sides of the parchment paper. Place bars on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Cut finished bars with a sharp, non-serrated knife or pizza cutter 4 times horizontally and 4 times vertically to create 8 bars total.
- Wrap cooled bars in saran wrap and store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
Original recipe and photo courtesy of Danielle Krueger at The Lean Clean Eating Machine.