It’s a raw cacao nibs explosion! They are appearing everywhere-- baked in high-end restaurant desserts, folded into ice cream, and lining the shelves of the average grocery store. There seems to still be some confusion as to their exact origin and nature.
So what are raw cacao nibs?
Nibs are bits of raw cacao beans that have been peeled and crumbled from the actual bean. They’re essentially nature’s chocolate chip! They’re extremely good for you, have an intense chocolatey taste, but don’t have the overpowering sweetness that processed chocolate has.
Raw cacao nibs are delicious. The texture is unique-- crunchy and tender...much like our Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts, with the complexity and bitterness of raw cacao. If you are already a chocolate lover, the chances are that you’ll be into nibs.
So what do you do with them? There are the obvious uses:
Raw Chocolate Chia Tapioca Pudding
Chia is the Mayan word for strength.
Chia is incredibly hydrating for your colon, capable of expanding 14x its size, together with the omega 3 oils and antioxidants, it can really beautify your skin!
Also, Chia is pure protein power!
- Soak a ratio of 1/3 cup of chia seeds per 1 cup of water. Scale up proportions as desired. Stir.
- Put half the contents in a Vita Mix or Nutri-Bullet and add:
- 1/2 of a Lover's Bar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Dash of Himalayan Sea Salt
- Pinch of Cinnamon, Cardamom & Clove
- 1-3 tbsp of honey, sweeten to taste.
- Blend thoroughly, several cycles of 7-10 seconds until smooth.
- Pour contents of blender into a bowl. Add the unblended portion of the soaked Chia on TOP of the pudding. Stir.
- Garnish with Lover's bar chocolate shavings.
- Put into the fridge to gel up.
Candida Sensitive Variations:
- Cacao powder, no chocolate, with coconut oil and Stevia (fat free and no sugar)
- Cacao powder, no coconut oil, honey sweetened (allowing for better absorption of sugar without the presence of fat.)
- Cacao powder, cacao butter, coconut oil, and Stevia (fat without the presence of sugar.)
High in protein, low in calories and sugars.
This pudding will keep you feeling full until lunch while also giving you all of the amazing benefits of raw cacao powder.
- Give Texture to Smoothies! Use raw cacao nibs as a topping to your Cacao Elixir™ Raw Chocolate Powder!
- Add raw cacao nibs to your cereals!
- Add raw cacao nibs to your yogurts!
- Mix with coconut oil, Cacao Elixir™ Raw Chocolate Powder, honey & butter for a chocolate frosting!
If you prefer to stick with the sweeter dishes, however, there are plenty of options that are sweet ways to put cacao nibs into your food!
Remember that the less processed cacao is, the more antioxidants it contains and the bigger the health benefits.
Our Lover’s Bar is a good choice for healthy chocolate and it’s also quite tasty!
Sprinkle raw cacao nibs on salad (as you would nuts or seeds) of arugula or other greens.
You can add one or a combination of the following: currants, shaved fennel, pomegranate seeds, crumbled goat cheese, Parmesan cheese, Niçoise olives.
Have we missed any ideas? What is your favorite way to use raw cacao? Do you have any recipes?
You may also enjoy: