Customer Rated Best Tasting, Highest Quality Superfoods
If your are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply contact us within 14 days for a full replacement or refund.
Chocolate Covered Almonds
- Chocolate covered almonds, healthy snack, great source of energy, superfood-rich!
- Dehydrated at low temperature to retain nutrients and give the freshest, crunchiest taste!
- You'll love the touch of raw, evaporated, Mineral-rich Cane-Juice, lightly sweetened
- With a dash of sea salt, they're bursting with flavor & nutrient-dense superfoods!
- Organic Sprouted Almond orchard blossoming; harvested and sprouted in pure, high-mineral water
- Almonds are a healthy source of protein and are one of the only Alkaline-forming nuts
Sprouted, salted organic almonds on the inside, nutrient-dense superfood raw chocolate on the outside!
It’s rare these days to find a raw organic almond these days, let alone sprouted and pesticide-free ones!
Current stock of 6oz bags have passed expiration date but still taste great.
Take advantage of this discount.
- Certified Organic
- Sustainably Harvested
Our chocolate covered almonds make a great snack, are great source of energy, and are covered with our amazing superfood-rich chocolate. This is not your ordinary Chocolate! Experience the feeling and alertness that comes with just one bite!
Ingredients List (click each ingredient to lean more)
- Raw and Organic, Sprouted Spanish Almonds
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Low temperature dried to maintain nutrients, flavor, and crunch!
- Organic, Non-GMO, Pesticide Free!
- Organic Arriba Raw Cacao Powder (Theobroma cacao)
- 100% pure, certified organic, fair-trade, sustainably harvested, and stone-ground
- We use only the highest quality Arriba cacao variety
- Our proprietary raw curing process retains the highest nutrient and anti-oxidant properties
- More info on Organic Arriba Raw Cacao Powder (Theobroma cacao)
- Shaman's Blend™ ( blend of the following superfoods: )
- A unique, proprietary superfood blend like no other!
- Inspired by the medicinal wisdom of ancient cacao shamans in the South American rain forests
- Has mood-enhancing properties
- More about Shaman’s Blend,™ the Best Superfood Powder!
- Lucuma Powder - Pouteria lucuma, "South American Eggfruit"
- In Peru, it is more commonly used as a flavor in juice, milk shakes, and especially ice cream.
- Its unique flavor has been described variously as being similar to sweet potato, maple syrup, or butterscotch.
- More info on Lucuma Powder - Pouteria lucuma, "South American Eggfruit"
- Organic Hemp Protein
- Excellent source of vegan protein and soluble fiber
- Hemp protein contains all 10 essential amino acids and no phytates
- Also provides potassium, magnesium, and vitamins C, B, A and E
- More info on Organic Hemp Protein
- Pure Spirulina Powder (Blue-green algae, Arthrospira maxima)
- Tested and guaranteed free of heavy metals
- Contains all essential amino acids
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Complete protein superfood
- More info on Pure Spirulina Powder (Blue-green algae, Arthrospira maxima)
- Pure Chlorella (Green algae, Chlorella vulgaris )
- Tested and guaranteed to be free of heavy metals
- Colon purifier, detoxifier
- Complete protein superfood
- High in polyunsaturated fats, vitamins, and minerals
- Helps with weight control
- More info on Pure Chlorella (Green algae, Chlorella vulgaris )
- Ashwagandha Root Powder (Withania somnifera)
- Known as “Indian Ginseng”
- Ayurvedic tonic to improve sleep and relaxation
- Improves longevity
- More info on Ashwagandha Root Powder (Withania somnifera)
- Mucuna Powder (Mucuna pruriens)
- Immune System Booster
- Skin tonic
- Aphrodisiac, increases sperm count
- Increases production of body’s own Human Growth Hormone
- Energetic, vitality booster
- Brain tonic, regulates serotonin, antidepressant qualities
- More info on Mucuna Powder (Mucuna pruriens)
- Organic Maca Root Powder (Lepidium meyenii)
- Maca root is from the radish family
- Optimum Nutrition for Endocrine System
- Energetic and aphrodisiac
- More info on Organic Maca Root Powder (Lepidium meyenii)
- Raw Evaporated Mineral-Rich Cane-Juice
- A pure sweetener high in vitamins and minerals.
- Vanilla Extract
- A perfect touch of classic and delicious vanilla flavor
- Hawaiian Red Alaea Sea Salt
- Unrefined sea salt that has been mixed with an iron oxide rich volcanic clay called 'alaea'
- Part of Native Hawaiian cuisine and is used in traditional dishes
- Traditionally used to cleanse, purify and bless tools, canoes, homes and temples
- More info on Hawaiian Red Alaea Sea Salt
- Allergy Warning: made in a factory that processes peanuts, tree nuts and dairy products.
Directions / Suggested Use
- Open bag and proceed to bliss.
Recipes with this product
- 6 High Vibe, Healthy Snacks for Kids - They'll Actually Like!
- Chia Seed Protein Bar
- Raw Vegan Desserts for Everyday & Healthy Holidays
Bursting with flavor and nutrient-dense superfoods!There is nothing quite like the sweet and crunchy taste of chocolate covered almonds. They have become a go-to snack that have become more widely available, in many varieties, in recent years. We live in an era with constant contact between distant cultures.
To combine these two foods is common-sensical because it unites two delicious basic ingredients both of which, if cultivated conscientiously, have resoundingly positive health benefits. So where does this brown, oval shaped nut come from? The tree, Prunus amygdalus, is native to the country of Iran and surrounding areas of the Middle East.
The fruit of the tree has a thick grey-green coat, and inside is a woody brown shell which contains the seed which we consume. The tree was thus named because of the seed’s resemblance to the amygdala gland in our brain. It’s popularity, symbolism and usage is very ancient and is actually alluded to several times in the Bible’s Old and New Testament.
In fact, Sephardic Jews (a sect from Spain) give 5 of them to guests during special ceremonies like weddings. Their optimal condition for cultivation is the Mediterranean climate, which has dry and hot summers with cool and wet winters. It has been grown in southern European countries, northern Africa, and more recently in the United States.
Today California alone accounts for roughly 55% of world sales. But the state passed a law in 2007 which mandates that every single seedling to be pasteurized with propylene oxide, an acutely toxic carcinogen, effectively halting the potential health benefits they could have.
Fortunately, when they are imported into the United States they are not required to be treated with this toxic chemical.
The health benefits of this ancient nut are plenty-fold, and include: High in Fiber and Protein A one ounce serving contains 3.5 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein with a comparatively low level of calories at 161.
Fiber is an excellent nutrient for digestion and proteins are a naturally efficient source of energy. Fiber and protein also both give the sensation of fullness despite having a low caloric content, which may help with appetite control and a potential supporter of weight-loss.
Rich in Antioxidants Antioxidants are produced naturally by the body and can be found in many foods. They are compounds that fight against oxidative damage cause by unstable molecules that will cause long-term disease. They are also one of the best natural sources of Vitamin E, which has been linked to lowering rates of cancer, heart disease and Alzheimer’s.
The maximize the anti-oxidative properties the brown skin of the nut needs to be eaten. It itself contains flavonols, hydroxybenzoic acids, and aldehydes, all which have been shown to counteract degenerative diseases. Since most of the antioxidant content is found in the skin the “blanched” variety of these nuts, which are white and do not have the brown outer skin, should be avoided from a health perspective.
High in Magnesium Magnesium is a very important mineral to the human body that is involved with several hundred body processes, and a once ounce serving contains 20% of the recommended daily intake. It is also been shown to lower overall blood pressure, and people with low amounts of Magnesium in their bodies are at a much greater risk for heart disease. Overall, these brown amygdala-shaped wonders are an excellent natural source of fiber, protein, Vitamin E and Magnesium and should be eaten raw or lightly roasted (and preferably not from California).
To make them an even more spectacular treat many companies add a coating to add extra layers of flavor. But caution needs to be heeded because not all of these coatings are made equal. Medicinal-Foods.com has created an excellent organic raw vegan coating option. Its original Shaman’s Blend of powdered cacao mixed with several other excellent superfood powders is melted into a unique chocolaty blend to coat on top of nuts sourced from Spain.
Chocolate covered almond calories
Having an antioxidant-rich superfood snack is certainly a mouth-watering proposition, and some may be concerned with an overload of calories. Fortunately, the Shaman’s Blend is extremely spartan when it comes to cutting out unnecessary caloric sources, and prioritizes just the essentials that give well-rounded nutritional support.
First off, the raw organic powdered cacao base is by itself an outstanding antioxidant supplement. Since the cacao is stone ground and not roasted, most of the nutritional content is still intact in comparison to roasted varieties (which the industry terms “cocoa”).
Next in the lineup are superfoods themselves, all certified 100% organic:
- Hemp powder
- Ashwagandha Root
- Maca Root
Each of these have a specialized role in taking care of the numerous interconnected bodily systems. When these powerful ingredients are operating simultaneously the end result is an excellently re-energized immune system that is the true foundation of fighting off diseases as we age.
Are chocolate covered almonds healthy?
I can still hear questions coming from the back of the class: “How can something that tastes so good actually be healthy?” It is a good question because we have become accustomed throughout our lives to eating foods that really do taste great, but in the back of our heads we know they are detrimental for our health. Well it doesn’t have to be that way.
The secret for making a product that can simultaneously be great tasting on the front end and also boost our immune systems is how conscientiously the root ingredients have been sourced. For example, an astute product researcher seeking to build the healthiest possible product will certainly have discovered that California had passed the 2007 law (mentioned above) that adds a carcinogenic layer to this prized and ancient seed.
These fine details are important to people who are truly dedicated to combining only the finest ingredients. The end result is not only deliciousness but also a product that is charged with a layer of conscious awareness for purity. One of the shortcuts to modern, industrial food production is adding either sugar or excess salt to add a layer of taste to make what are otherwise extremely healthy foods compromised in their overall nutritional value.
Chocolate covered almonds are often produced in this way, but Medicinal-Foods.com\'s recipe is an excellent example of how two naturally healthy ingredients can be combined into a snack food that is both delicious and healthy.