- 2 cups organic strawberries – cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Medicinal Foods Organic Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- Place all ingredients into a metal pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly so the contents of the pot don’t splatter all over your stove, but still bubbles in the pot.
- Stir constantly! The chia seeds burn on the bottom of the pot very easily.
- Stir and boil until the mixture has reduced by half and has thickened. Again, it will not be as thick as jam, but it sill definitely thicken.
- Pour into a clean glass jar and allow to cool for 1 hour. Place in the fridge overnight to continue cooling.
Chef’s Note: This is not a sweet spread, but rather mildly sweet.
This delicious recipe and photo are courtesy of The Gracious Pantry.