From the South & Central American, Asian, and African jungle cultures, the chocolate Shamans knew what was up. They lived surrounded by a cornucopia of jungle-grown, organic superfoods; some of the most rare and exotic plants on earth, consumed for their beneficial nutrients and even medicinal qualities.
Now, thanks to a global network of information and exchange, we have brought these rare and exotic superfoods from the jungles to be enjoyed by those, like you, who live in our modern, click-to-order world.
(Ha, while writing this, a ‘modern-day-shaman’ just wzapp’d me about some superfood plants from the Amazon that he has available.)
In the good, olden days, when our standard education included knowledge of the plants and animal species that surrounded us, and on which our survival depended, the elders and shamans would instruct and guide in the identification, harvesting, and use of all the best superfoods and sacred plants.
Everyone learned, thus everyone in the villages benefited from knowledge of and use of local, organic superfoods and sacred plants of the forest.
Ancient cacao shamans traveled between villages, gathering the sacred plants that grew in abundance, in unique and pristine ecosystems. They would combine local superfood plants and herbs into their drinks, meals, and ceremonial brews.
Inspired by their alchemy, I created Shaman’s Blend, which I think is the best superfood powder available to us here in modern society.
Creating the Best Superfood Powder
Shaman’s Blend starts with a Low Glycemic Base, which is very important foundation for any food we eat, because today we are bombarded with tons of sugar and artificial sweeteners, and our health suffers, demonstrated by high rates disease such as diabetes.
Don’t believe me? The Institute for Alternative Futures recently updated its diabetes forecasting model and extended its projections to 2030 for the nation, the result of their study:
“Between 2015 and 2030, the IAF Diabetes Model projects that the total number of people with type 2 and type 1 diabetes will increase by 19,629,000 to 54,913,000 people, a 54% increase.”1https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5278808/
It was clear to me that to make the best superfood powder, I needed to use a low glycemic base, that was the first step. Then, I added the best Superfoods, Tonic Herbs and Hemp Protein Powder.
This organic superfood powder blend serves as the base in all Medicinal-Foods™ chocolate products.
Shaman’s Blend contains the following 8 superfoods, stone-ground into a fine, smooth, and delicious powder…
Shaman’s Blend Superfoods List
1. Ashwagandha Root Powder (Withania somnifera)2https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withania_somnifera
- Known as “Indian Ginseng”
- Ayurvedic Sleep Tonic
- Longevity Tonic
2. Chlorella (Green Algae)3https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorella
- Colon Purifier
- Complete Protein Superfood
- High in Polyunsaturated Fats
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Helps with Weight Control
3. Lucuma Powder (Pouteria lucuma, South American Eggfruit)4https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pouteria_lucuma
- High in Vit. B3 (Niacin) and Carotene
- Exotic Lost Peruvian fruit know as “Gold of the Inca”
- Tastes like Maple Syrup cookie dough!
4. Maca Rood Powder (Lepidium meyenii, Radish Family)5https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lepidium_meyenii
- Optimum Nutrition for Endocrine System
5. Mucuna Pruriens Powder (Velvet Monkey Bean)6https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mucuna_pruriens
- Mucuna is a brain tonic
- Can help regulate serotonin
- Increases production of your body’s own Human Growth Hormone
- Aphrodisiac, increases Sperm Count
- Antidepressant qualities
- Skin Tonic
- Immune System Booster
Reishi, The “Mushroom of Immortality”, as well as Cordyceps can SUPER-BOOST your immune system.
Taking Cordyceps is one of the best ways to Oxygenate the body.
8. Spirulina Powder
- Complete Protein Superfood
- Contains all essential Amino Acids
References [ + ]