Back in the day, I had a medicine cabinet that was filled with OTC drugs along with prescription medications. You can do what I did and quickly diminish your need for pharmaceuticals by using these top 5 natural home remedies that our family uses for first aid and health care:
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an incredible addition to your list of natural home remedies. It’s a probiotic, a fantastic astringent, candida treatment and more! Here are some of its uses as a natural home remedy:
- Ear infections: At the first sign of an ear infection, lay on your side and use a dropper to fill the ear canal with apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar kills bacteria and yeast infections.
- Fungus: Directly applying apple cider vinegar will kill fungal infections on the skin, including athlete's foot.
- Sore throats: Gargle with apple cider vinegar. Don’t breathe in the fumes, just do a quick gargle and feel better!
- Bug bites: Apple cider vinegar is fantastic natural home remedy for mosquito bites.
- Take a shot if you have heartburn. It works!
- Vaginal yeast infections: Use in a douche. Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to 8 ounces of filtered water.
- Acne: Dab on pimples and acne to kill bacteria and restore proper pH to the skin. Also check out this comprehensive way to How To Get Rid of Acne With Apple Cider Vinegar.
Garlic is antibacterial, antifungal, and antiparasitic. It’s an absolute necessity for your kitchen and your health!
- Infection: Chew garlic for any systemic infection.
- Fungus: Garlic can be diced up and used to treat fungal skin infections.
- Ear Aches: Heat Organic Olive Oil lightly with a little Garlic (you can use a spoon). Make sure it's cool and have someone pour a little in your ear. Leave it in for a few minutes while laying on a a towel then turn your head and let it drain out
Few things are as soothing to the skin as aloe vera.
- Burns: Break open a piece of aloe vera and rub over a burn.
- Irritated Skin: Spread aloe vera over affected skin.
- Superficial Injuries: Cuts, scrapes, bug bites, acne. Spread aloe vera over affected area.
Coconut oil is antibacterial and antifungal and it is an amazing topical moisturizer!
- Use for oil pulling. Coconut oil is good for the teeth and gums and is reported to whiten the teeth. It can be used as a toothpaste alone or used as a base with other ingredients (see the first source below for homemade toothpaste recipes).
- Irritated skin. Every variety of irritated skin will benefit from coconut oil.
One of ginger's claims to fame is its ability to cure nausea.
- If fresh ginger is taken at the first sign of a migraine, it will stop a migraine before it can take hold.
- Chew ginger or juice it for a ginger shot.
- Small bites of ginger, throughout the day can relieve a stuffy nose quickly!