- Colon cleansing is recommended because our modern, complex diets contain high amounts of foreign chemicals in processed and GMO foods.
- Because of stress and poor food combining much of these foods go undigested, get stuck and can accumulate in the colon.
- A colon cleanse can be done by diligently eating specific foods and herbs, such as with our delicious and simple Cacao Chia Seed Pudding.
- Colon Hydrotherapy is another option for cleansing the colon.
- Section 1: Should We Cleanse Our Colon?
Time says yes, and we agree.
- Section 2: Natural Colon Cleansing with Chia Seeds
This colon cleansing treat is easy to make and delicious!
- Section 3: Colon Hydrotherapy
Cleansing the colon using a enema or colonics.
1. Should We Cleanse Our Colon?
Yes, because time tells all.
Imagine a time before the dawn of anything that we would today call technological.
A time when there were no water bottles, no paper cups nor aluminum cans; no plastic wrap nor tupperware.
The closest thing to Aspartame was the sweet nectar of fruit and the magic elixir of the honey bee high up in a tree.
Before there were faster and faster foods, frigidly frozen microwavable dinners… before beer in a bottle, salty chips and cheeses, genetically modified corn and wheat… what did we eat?
For tens of thousands of years humankind thrived! We evolved, propagated, and conquered the earth without any of the frivolities of our modern society.
Everything we ate was natural, direct from the cradle of creation as intended, and our bodies have long been tuned to these natural foods—fresh fruit, berries, squash, tubers—fresh greens, fish and game.
This was the age of natural man; these were the ancient times; and this is the foundation and true essence of who we still are today. The basis of our biology and psychology was formed around 200,000 years ago when Homo sapiens emerged.
Modern society (let’s give it a generous 4,000 years) has only lasted a small fraction of time in comparison to ancient civilization (40,000 years) and can not hold a candle to the ancient torch that burns brightest within us—our ancient heritage, which is the most prominent part of all alive today (even if we recognize it or not).
Modern society with all of its WIFI and wizardry is just the icing, our ancient biology is the cake.
The general pace of industrialization (most rapidly in the last 200 years) is much faster than that of natural evolution.
Our bodies, our colons, our livers, our hearts—have yet to adapt to our present-day fast-paced lifestyles, chemical-soup environments, and pleasure pleasing eating habits.
Time will tell.
Enemas and other colon cleansing rituals were used as far back as ancient Egyptian and Greek societies to rid the body of what they believed to be accumulated, toxic waste products.
The two most ancient medical documents known, describe enemas in detail: the Edwin Smith Papyrus, which dates to 1600 BC and the Ebers Papyrus of 1550 BC.
And that was 4,000 years ago when food was yet to contain chemical preservatives, pesticides, color additives, and artificial flavors.
Imagine the stress that GMOs and these new, industrial chemical compounds exert on our digestive and detox systems today.
In rats (with whom we have a common mammalian ancestor and share a surprising 97.5% of our DNA) tumors develop from eating genetically modified foods.
Yes, we certainly should focus on keeping our colons cleansed and free of these foreign materials to help us to avoid:
- Mind fog and mood swings
- Irritable Bowel Syndrom (IBS)
- Early onset of diseases such as Colon Cancer 
We definately want to avoid the symptoms above and live with optimum health. Colon Cleansing can help alleviate the above symptoms  and does not have to be invasive. It can be easy, delicious and highly effective.
If you think this is going to be some laxative you take that will have you running for the bathroom, it’s quite the opposite. It’s time to get your colon back to having strong bowel movements (BM’s) like our ancestors did.
2. Natural Colon Cleansing with Chia Seeds
Choosing to Eat the Right Colon Cleansing Foods and Herbs
This is the method we recommend because it is easy to do and there are plenty of delicious foods to integrate into your diet to help keep your colon clean.
What you eat on a regular basis is just as, or more important than cleansing your colon via an enema or with colon hydrotherapy. Often, the best solutions are those that work slowly over time—patience and diligence are both virtues.
Be selective about what you put into your body. Look for the most natural options that are available. Sometimes organic, whole-grain, and non-GMO foods may be more expensive, but can we put a price tag on our health? If you don’t pay now, you’re gonna pay later- possibly during your final years in the hospital. But there’s no reason you can’t live a long an helthy life. One thing is for sure cleansing your colon regularly will add years to your life.
GMO and non-organic foods use chemical pesticides and fertilizers to increase yield, thus lowering their cost—but quantity is hardly ever better than quality.
We recommend cleansing slowly over time by adopting eating habits that contain foods that support colon cleansing.
Here are seven quality tips to improve colon health through your diet, habits, and lifestyle:
- Eat a good quantity of both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber — the average American adult consumes only 15 grams of fiber per day. However, women need 25 grams per day, and men 38 grams, according to the Institute of Medicine. Just 2 tablespoons of Chia seeds contain 11 grams of fiber.
- Drink plenty of clean water — our body is made up mostly of water; essential for proper bodily functions and good movement of the bowels. Eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon, is commonly recommended.
- Eat plenty of organic fruit and vegetables — Bananas, oranges, apples, mangoes, strawberries, are raspberries are fruits with high fiber content and in general, the darker leafy green vegetables contain the most fiber.
- Eat fermented foods that contain probiotics — without the symbiotic relationship that we have formed with beneficial bacterial in our digestive systems, humans would not be able to break down foods into absorbable nutrients. In pre-modern times we naturally ate plenty of probiotics in the foods we ate, but now practically everything is pasteurized and overly sterilized, so we do not receive substantial amounts of beneficial flora. Try Living Greens with probiotics; a delicious way to up your beneficial gut bacteria.
- Do not eat or at least reduce your intake of red meat — sure BarBQ can be very tasty and filling, but this kind of protein packs a heavy load and can take too long to digest, thus it can sit rotting in our intestines, causing toxic build-up which could lead to an unhealthy colon and eventually bring on colon cancer. If you can’t completely eliminate red meat, at least limit yourself to once per week. Even the American government, Cancer.gov, states that Colon, Rectum, and Prostate cancers are associated with red meat consumption.
- Do not eat or reduce processed foods and processed meats — they can cause up to a 12% increase in the risk of developing cancer compared to participants in the study who ate mostly fresh, unprocessed foods. Processed foods are laden with chemical preservatives, additives, artificial flavors and GMO ingredients. Try to avoid processed foods at all costs, there are many healthy snack alternatives that are easy to make and easy to take on the go.
- Eliminate or at least extremely reduce cigarette smoking, drugs & alcohol — Colon and rectal cancers have been strongly linked to alcohol use. and thus the ability for it to repair itself; so lung cancer is not the only risk.
Easy Cacao Chia Seed Cleanse
This recipe is designed to be a tasty snack while pulling the undigested, left-over material from your colon. You can use it to transition to deeper cleanses, like the Colon Hydrotherapy above. If your desire is simply optimal health and vitality, follow along with this colon cleansing protocol and you’ll feel lighter, healthier and more energized.
A member of the Sage family, Chia is the Mayan word for strength. Chia has easily digestible protein, vitamins, minerals antioxidants, soluble fiber and is high in Omega 3’s.
Referred to as Indian Running Food and used by the Inca’s and Aztecs, chia is really a superfood of superfoods!
Chia can build strength, endurance, energy, balance blood sugar and be a great colon cleanse! In The Magic Of Chia, James Sheer tells a story of Paul Bragg, fitness Guru who died at age 95 in a body-surfing accident. Bragg and a group tested Chia by chewing on chia, like the Rarámuri tribes that run hundreds of miles, sometimes on only a couple mouthfuls of Chia. Bragg and his friend climbed to the top of Mt. Wilson, finished 4 hours and 27 minutes faster than the rest of the group.
Chia is a great fat-substitute that can provide valuable nutrients and fiber. It’s amazing “gel-forming” ability is great news for people wanting to loose weight.
New research shows that this gel coats your stomach lining, forming a barrier between your enzymes and carbs, inhibiting the breakdown of carbs into sugar an obvious benefit for diabetics.
“Researchers believe this same gel-forming phenomenon takes place in the stomach, creating a physical barrier between carbohydrates and the digestive enzymes that break them down, thus slowing the conversion of carbohydrates into sugar. In addition to the obvious benefits for diabetics, this slowing of sugar conversion aids endurance.”
By simply replacing one meal a day with a Cacao Elixir or Chocolate-Chia Pudding you could flush out 3-5 pounds of unwanted colon matter in your first week! Substitute your first meal with the Chocolate Chia Pudding (See Recipes). Chia is an incredible source of protein, is a natural colon cleanser and is extremely hydrating to your colon. The seeds are hydrophilic, meaning they can absorb up to 12 times their size in water!
While Psyllium husks are great, they can get bound up in the colon. They also can go rancid easily, unlike Chia which has more built-in Antioxidants to protect the oils. Chia seeds, when blended dry and added to water just before ingestion can be just as effective or more as a colon cleanse. Be sure to drink a full glass of water after eating Chia as a colon cleanser if using this method. Hydration is Key to a healthy colon. Although it’s generally good to avoid drinking with meals, a little water after a chocolate chia pudding is advised.
In the morning, follow the Awake and Aware protocol in Chapter Four. You may still eat fruit as the first meal, as long as you are not feeling out of balance with Candida or any other infection.
Blend your foods for a minimum of 3-4 days, preferably a week. You can eat anything smooth like mashed (blended) potatoes or yoghurt. The idea is to decrease the amount of stress on your digestive system while providing the ideal environment to release toxins.
Use the concepts of food combining and be gentle on yourself.
If you need more convincing on the amazing benefits of this powerful colon cleansing food, here are 6 more benefits of chia seeds.
3. Colon Hydrotherapy Option
Colon Hydrotherapy is a completely natural treatment that is enjoyed by thousands of people every day, from celebrities and film stars to ordinary people of all ages, from all walks of life.
The basics of the process is to wash the colon with water to remove accumulated waste products that the body was not able to eliminate.
It may seem a little strange at first, but the more one learns about the treatment and its many benefits, the more one sees that it is a very normal and natural way to take care of colon health and general wellbeing.
As stated before, most important are the dietary choices we make in everyday life. If we eat consciously, choosing the healthiest foods, the need for colon hydrotherapy may be reduced. But seeing a trusted colon hydrotherapist, or even performing your own enema to help cleanse the liver and digestive systems, may be a good option for those who feel comfortable with taking proactive steps in the detoxing process.
Rather or not you believe colon cleansing should be a part of your health regimen, it remains important that you are aware of the most damaging types of foods and habits that can bring on diseases early.
As stated, there has been an increase in millennials developing colon cancer and we must wonder what generational habits and/or environmental factors are contributing to this increase.
Regardless of the causes, which may always be subject to medical debates and political pressure, we each have the power to take our health into our own hands and be proactive in caring for our colons by choosing to eat healthier and by avoiding the most damaging types of habits.
Why wait for a doctor’s bad news before making a change?
For me personally, I now eat chia seeds for breakfast every morning and I feel great!
Chia has become about part of my regular diet and I am pleased with the clean, light feeling in my gut—and the increased energy I experience throughout the day.
I am thrilled with the knowledge I have gained through research and sharing about medicinal foods—hope you will benefit as well!
And remember: we all do our part; so don’t forget to share this information with those whose health you care about.